1.16 - 1.20 in the 2,015th year of our Lord
My wife and I decided to rally down to Bishop during a six day break from work. Needless to say I was very satisfied:
- to be headed outdoors so early in the year
- pebble wrestling at Bishop again (duH!) ... 1st time in six years!
- superb winter free climbing weather (note: global warming is still shitty...particularly for my snow sports brethren~ sorry Mammoth)
- finally found success on both High Plains Drifter and Saigon in the Buttermilks!
- stayed at Holiday Inn ...replete with a sauna, hot tub, & swimming pool; which was very nice for recovery
- Glo explored some trails and rocks with me at the Happy Boulders
- got close(r) on Iron Fly
- purchased the wonderful guidebook for the area (finally)
- sent v7 variation of Go Granny Go I didn't know about (thanks guidebook.)
- was in town during the excitement of Daniel Woods' historic FA of The Process v15/16... definitely one of the craziest hard blocs in the world
- nearly sent Morning Dove White (the beta is figured out clear and concise in my mind for when I make my reunion with that rock)
skin devastationand injuries(yay)
- 32 hours of driving!
Here's some media from the trip...
See y'all out there,